The Minnesota Women Lawyers (MWL) CLE Committee is pleased to present:
Which Shoe Fits?
Legal Career Transitions Between Corporate and Private Practice
Date: Thursday, October 13th, 2016
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: MWL Office (600 Nicollet Mall, Suite 390B in Minneapolis; 3rd floor of City Center, inside the HCBA office area).
If you are a new attorney deciding on a career path or an experienced attorney, contemplating a career change, this is the seminar for you. "Legal Career Transitions" will feature a panel of women attorneys who have made successful career changes, moving either from private practice to a corporate setting OR from corporate to private practice.
MWL is pleased to welcome:
- Debra Altschuler, Officer at Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- Olufemi Solade, Senior Counsel, eCommerce, Technology, Information & Global Services at Wells Fargo (MABL Member and Past Board Member)
- Paula Stumne, Shareholder at Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Amy Taber, Employment & Litigation Legal Counsel at Prime Therapeutics
- Moderator Cindy Eidnes, Division Director at Beacon Hill Legal
During this seminar, topics will include:
-Assessing your own career goals: why consider a change?
-The day to day reality of each legal setting: similarities and differences.
-Key experience and skills necessary in each setting.
-Surprises and challenges in making a career transition.
-Best practices for success.
The seminar is FREE for MWL members. Attendees are welcome to bring their own lunch. Additionally, a salad box lunch is available for $15; payment is due at registration.
Visit Which Shoe Fits on the MWL website for complete event details and registration.
Please contact MWL Executive Director Debra Pexa (email@example.com) with any questions.