Title: Civil Rights – The March Continues
Date/Time: June 15th from 2:00 – 4:00
Location: Minnesota CLE auditorium (located on the 3rd level of the Minnesota Law Center near the HCBA and MSBA offices in downtown Minneapolis - 600 Nicollet Mall).
Introduction & Welcome – Skip Durocher (2:00 – 2:15)
Keynote – Dr. Josie Johnson (2:15 – 2:45)
Panel Presentation (2:45 – 4:00)
- Mark Schneebeck (moderator)
- Judge Pamela Alexander (Fourth Judicial District)
- Larry Leventhal (Levental & Assoc.)
- Amarita Singh (CAIR)
- Mariano Espinoza (Neighborhood & Community Relations, City of Minneapolis)
A wine and cheese reception will immediately follow the CLE.
The CLE will open with introductions and a welcome by our current board chair, Skip Durocher. Dr. Johnson will speak next about progress that has been made in the arena of civil rights in the last 50 years (the "we have made inroads BUT...") and what still needs to be done (the "we aren't there yet and still have work to do...").
The keynote address will be followed by a moderated panel discussion (the moderator is our incoming board chair, Mark Schneebeck, from the law firm of Fox Rothschild). Mark is planning to ask the panelists the following questions, all focused on the topic of civil rights:
- From your perspective, what are the key civil rights issues in the community of which VLN volunteer attorneys should be aware?
- What tips or advice do you have for VLN volunteers to best help our clients? (How do we help our clients?)
- What is your dream for the next 50 years? How do we get there?
- Questions from the audience
MABL is a co-sponsor of this event.
Register Here MCLE